|Topic||Start Time||End Time||Notes|
|repertoire||23:16||00:09||more than words|
Problem areas are almost always around the 2nd and 3rd strings. In today’s practice:
- E-flat, IV – iii
- D, ii – iii – IV
I decided I’d revisit the lead sheet I was trying to make for “More than Words”. After screwing with it for about an hour, I made it look worse than it did before…
I’m trying to find a way to solve what seems like a stupid problem: double bar lines don’t print before start repeats. In fact, if I try to specify a barline before a repeat, then the barline disappears at the end of the staff. (The problem doesn’t appear in this rendering.)
I don’t know how to solve this, but I may just break down and manually insert the bar lines, for now. It’s less than ideal, though, because it breaks MIDI output—if I wanted it, which I don’t, so it’s not that important—it doesn’t follow the concept of WYSIWYM because it doesn’t use LilyPond’s built-in repeat mechanism.